Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4th Bone Marrow Biopsy

Yesterday was my 4th bone marrow biopsy. Instead of being put under and doing it in the hospital, my oncologist performed it at his office and I was awake the whole time. Of course, they gave me some good drugs. Doc (boyfriend) held my hand the whole time and it was done in minutes. It hurts more now than during the procedure!
On Thursday, I will find out the results...meaning I will know if I am in remission. I start chemo on Monday the 10th no matter what. I pray I am in remission! I am nervous to start chemo because I feel like my body will become really weak, then build itself back up, then in February I will do chemo again, and my body will become really weak again and build itself back up. This will go on for four months. I just kinda worry my body will give up or something after so much torture!! At least I am young, I guess. I saw so many elderly people at the Oncologist's office hooked up to chemotherapy and cant imagine how their bodies respond to it.
My friend, Janel, said she would come with me to do chemo one time. I really wish Doc wasn't leaving because I definitely need a chemo buddy. But I know it's for the best because he has a better job opportunity. Hopefully I wont feel too alone during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment