Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chemo starts tomorrow

So the biopsy came back clear!
I still have to do consolidation chemotherapy for four months.
I start tomorrow morning at 8, first they do an hour of nausea medicine and then four hours of chemo. Doc is going with me. I go back every day this week. I also have to drive to his office every other day AFTER treatment to see if I need blood transfusions or platelets. I drive a jeep AKA...gas guzzler! although it drives really nice in our weather!
I am really anxious about chemo, I cant sleep and honestly I just wanna stop treatment and go back to work and say "I'm ok!" I'm scared and irritated and a lot of emotions are going on, its hard to keep them straight. I have this port, like, permanently stuck in the right side of my chest I hate it so much. It's for medicine and blood draws, so I don't have to be poked.
I start school next week, all of my classes are online. I got all A's during the fall semester and I worry that I will be too weak or out of it to give it my all this semester.
I thought after this year I would stop seeing bills in the mail, and NOW, holy crap! I only see bills in the mail and they are intense.
I really want to stay positive and may just decide to go back to the hospital for treatments. It would much more convenient. This is going to be another true test of what I can endure.

3 comments:

  1. Oh cace i am so sorry you are going thru this but i am so glad that you are in remission!!! I know how strong you are and how strong willed you are!!! I know without a shadow of a dought that you will make it through this and everything will be fine!!! I love you to death and even tho I am hours away i am here for you!!! If you ever need anything just call!!! And when i come into town if i can see you i will be there!!! Love you to death and my prayers are with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cacie ~

    Stay strong...We are glad you are doing better...We ish you the very best and hope and pray for you... Thinking of you lots! Bekki and Scott and Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cacie-

    My name is Anna and I work with your Mom at DOE. I just want to say how impressed I am that you continue to pursue your education through these tough times! I just finished an on-line Masters Degree and couldn't imagine having to deal with the stress of on-line courses and being sick....so it is very courageous of you to continue your education at a time like this.

    Sounds like school has started so keep up the good work, stay motivated and determined....you can be very proud of your commitment to your education even through these difficult times.

    I'm here to chat if ever you need an encouraging word :)

    Thinking of you,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete